Sunday, August 9

Highland Hills Stake Girls Camp

I got back from Girls Camp a couple weeks ago and I'm just now getting around to blogging about it. We had so much fun this year, and this was my first time I was able to go as a leader. All the other times I was in YW, I was either pregnant or nursing, so camp wasn't an option. Here are a few things we did at camp...

The girls set up a vanity - yes, complete with a table and mirror - to fix their hair and put on make-up everyday at camp. This was definitely new to me. I don't remember any girls putting on make-up when I went to camp 17 years ago.

The leaders...on the last day we took this picture. Yes, hanging out with a bunch of teenagers will cause you to revert back to adolescence. We had a blast doing our own crazy hair...pictures will probably come in another post...and I even let one of the girls put make-up on me.

Big Hair Day

Still Big Hair Day

Camp socks. Melissa found these really cute socks at Target that all had a little purple in them, (that was our ward color), so we all wore them on Wednesday.

In addition to all the fun we had, we did have some more serious and spiritual activities where the girls were able to learn and grow and bond most of all. I'll have to get those pictures from someone else - I seemed to have not taken an pictures of the amazing "Life Line" activity that we did. Those will be posted later though. We had dry weather though, despite the "flash flood" that hit camp on Saturday set-up day, (which ended up being postponed to Monday), and plenty of food, giant marshmallows, dessert, and late nights.

4 comments:

Pettin'Tales said...

A VANITY!!!!????!!!! This is why I can NEVER be a girls camp leader. It does look like you all had a great time, vanity or not :)

apron girls said...

Yes, I know. That was my reaction too when I found out that they were bringing one. I have to admit though, it came in very handy with all the crazy hair styles. Not what I expected for camp, but by the end of the week I came to terms. Apparently that's how Girls Camp in Vegas is. Some of the other wards brought generators and curling irons and stuff.

Melissa Dunsmoor said...

You just have to know how to have fun and what makes girls camp even more fun! Good thing you had me! LOL. j/k.

apron girls said...

that's exactly why i picked you melissa!