Saturday, November 1

Halloween was really busy...

This is how our Halloween Day began... Cooper changed into his Kung Fu outfit, and I helped Katelyn get dressed as a BYU cheerleader. I probably should have dressed her in a riding outfit since she insisted on wearing my old riding hat. Kate also insisted on wearing the empty toilet paper roll on her arm as a cuff. I'm glad that she is content with cardboard because I have no intentions of buying her any jewelry anytime in the near future. The two of them rode around the condo on the red car while I tried to get everything ready for our long day. Cooper kept asking "Mommy, when is it going to be Halloween?" and I kept answering "Cooper, it's Halloween all day today...it's just that we don't trick-or-treat until night time."

We had an outing to Mandalay Bay's' Shark Reef. I don't have any pictures, but I'll post some when I get a copy from my friend. The kids had a blast, even though it was way past their naptime. Coop and Kate were really lucky though. Their friend's father is a pilot. He flies private jets for an incredibly wealthy businessman, so we were able to get a private tour. It was pretty awesome. Coop had a blast, and Katelyn was so amazed at all the buttons. She just wanted to push everything.


The kids conked out in the car on the way home. Kate was REALLY tired. Steph and I ran some errands and rushed home to make good ol' Cincinnati chili for the ward Halloween party. We met up with a friend, Ashley, and she brought her absolutely adorable pumpkin baby!! The kids had a blast and had WAY too much candy. They came home and I let them sit at the table and sort their goodies, then eat for about a half hour, then made them finally go to bed.


(Cadence, Cooper, Katelyn, & Mackenzie)

I hope the rest of you had a good halloween too!

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Sounds like a fun day to me. The kids costumes are cute:).

Pettin'Tales said...

Thanks for letting us join in you Halloween fun! (I just found your blog through Kaycee)

Julie said...

Too cute. That is so fun you and steph live so close now! Love your other blog, cute stuff. What a gorgeous model! I made lots of hair clips for Nora Jane, but then I couldn't really put them in her hair, and sort of got bummed about them. But just now finally she's able to wear them, so I'm getting excited again. Yours are all soooo cute. However, I'm not surprised at all by your skills. To answer your question, no Tiffany is not doing heat wraps anymore...why?

jakenapril said...

I love the BYU Cheerleaders! And it looks like they all had a fun time on Halloween.

Stu and Kaycee Fillmore said...

It looks like lots of fun! I agree that it ended up being a long day!! I never remember it being so tiring as a child!