Sunday, October 26

Did you see that?? Is your mouth watering yet?? Saturday at 4:30pm we had "Appreciation Dinner." It's another name for "Thanksgiving Feast," when it's not actually Thanksgiving day. Steph, Tim, Jake and I decided that we're going to do this every 3 months from now on. It's our new tradition. You're probably thinking that we're crazy, but we're not...we just love food. I didn't get the candied sweet potatoes or the apple pie in the picture, but those were soooo good too. I decided that I'm going to make a little recipe book thing for all our Thanksgiving side dishes. Here's the one for our roasted lemon herb chicken. We wanted turkey, but we couldn't find one (and we checked 2 different grocery stores) so we ended up having a chicken, which turned out really good. We also made homemade cornbread, which was also great. Here are the links for 2 of the recipes...

Grandmother's Buttermilk Cornbread

Roasted Lemon Herb Chicken

Okay, so I FINALLY cut Cooper's amazing hair!! I'm so sad to see it go, but I think I have the same mentality for my kid's hair that I have for my own..."it'll always grow back." Steph and I figured that since pool season was over Cooper could have his short hair back. No need to look like a surfer anymore. We'll grow it back out next spring. Here are before and after pictures...doesn't he look like a totally different kid? I actually cut it even shorter, which I'll take a picture of tomorrow, and after I finished his hair today I asked Jake (again for the nth time) if I could cut his hair. He finally let me!! I'll have to get a picture of Cooper and Jake's haircut together.

I'm seriously so excited though about the haircuts b/c it'll totally save at least $15-$30 a month (and I can cut Jake's hair a little more often than waiting for the haircut coupons in the mail). Jake said I could even get a pair of nice hair shears and a razor to thin out their hair when I cut it. I'll have to learn how to do that. So, I have a new hobby...cutting the boys' hair!

No comments: