Tuesday, October 21

Family Home Evening Activity!

So this is what I've been up to in addition to "kidsphilosophy." Here's the link for the tutorial on making these adorable crate covers. I actually had to make my own pattern for these since they're the mini crates, but I also did one of the regular size crates. I'll take a picture of those when I finish them. I'm making a bunch of different patterns on each one. We'll see how it turns out. I just love how each of these little crates bring a splash of color into the room. I wish I had more time to finish the other ones, but I think it'll be another month before I can get those done. Jake was so cool to take the kids on Thursday morning so that I could finish these babies up. It's really nice that he supports all my creative hobbies, since every year I end up picking a new creative hobby to explore.

Last night we went to the Bellagio to see their new conservatory with Steph, Tim and Mackenzie. It was so cool. They had Ents (which reminded me of the "Lord of the Rings" series), huge pumpkins (fake of course, but they were still cool), and tons of these little habenero chili pepper (or maybe they were thai chilis) plants that were red, yellow, and orange. I didn't realize that they were peppers until I stopped to look at them. Of course Jake noticed right away and he made sure to point out to the kids to refrain from picking and eating these plants. The kids had a blast at seeing all the moving trees and venus fly traps. Cooper was particularly enchanted by the venus fly traps. He'd never seen them before. Everytime we turned around he was staring at them and walking toward them as if he was in a trance. It's a good thing there were 4 of us adults around to keep an eye on him.

Go figure - we finally get a picture of the kids all doing the same thing. It's too bad they weren't all looking at me.

Steph and I were at the park yesterday too...Kenzie can't get enough of the slides. She finally wanted to do a little exploring though and I realized the kids were all on the fake rock wall. Of course I was smart enough to bring my camera (for once) and we got a cute picture of the kids together.

No comments: